A Young Republican’s Manifesto.
I hate to say it, but the time for something of this nature has long been coming. I’m young, I’m conservative, and I’m cynical. Out of my cynicism, I present this list of what direction I would set, were I the Senate Minority Leader. While many might not find anything new or interesting, I know at least my father will get a kick out of this.
(1) Let’s close the window… instead of throwing our money out of it. Between overbearing bureaucracy, repetitive social programs, and Federal micromanagement, we lose more tax dollars to paying the government than running it. While it would be all too cliche to say “we need to get the government out of government…” it wouldn’t be too far outside of reason to say so either. Streamline it a little, decentralize it a little, empower the states a little, and let’s see what happens.
(2) Let’s grow a pair! Instead of bending over backwards because the Liberals call us “not nice”, how about carrying some principle behind a desk instead of a secretary? What happened to the call to make the tax cuts permanent? What happened to cutting federal taxes on over-priced gasoline? Oh yeah… “the greenpeace and Planned Parenthood groups need our money!”
(3) Let’s get moral! It’s time for the “moral majority” to make a comeback. Let’s get some right to life stuff passed… now. Let’s get the line-item veto so we don’t have to sell our souls to get a tax break. Let’s limit the power of judges to screw over the general populace of the nation. Let’s increase the penalty for corruption and misconduct to keep people above board. Let’s stop giving public tax money to an organization that encourages and provides abortions (Yes, I’m looking at you, Planned Parenthood!).
(4) Let’s get the military funded. Our troops are worth it. The time is coming to give the men and women overseas the helping hand from back home that they need. Anyone up for expanding research into body armor and advanced medicine?
(5) Let’s get reasonable. Medical malpractice lawsuits and frivolous law suits are freaking out of control. If someone orders coffee, spills it on themselves, and they don’t scream… they probably would have sent it back anyway. If a doctor jacks something up and they can fix it… they should. If they can’t, now we have an issue. I’m sorry, but you don’t need 20 million dollars because you were initially misdiagnosed and felt horrible for a couple days.
I am Conservative… Hear me roar.